ANN ARBOR, Mich. (WXYZ) — Several thefts from unlocked vehicles have been reported to police, according to a release from the University of Michigan.
The vehicles have been targeted in several residential neighborhoods, police say.
Police say thefts have been occurring every day of the week, with higher incidents reported on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, between the hours of 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. Items stolen include money, purses, wallets, bags, credit cards, electronics, clothing, shoes and other personal items.
The University of Michigan Department of Public Safety and Security is strongly encouraging residents to:
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times
- Keep your keys with you at all times
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents
- Do not leave cash, valuables or personal items in your vehicle where they are visible to others