WASHTENAW COUNTY (WXYZ) — The Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office is investigating several shooting incidents that may be connected to a rivalry in the area.
The shootings have happened in the 1000 block of Foley Ave., as well as other surrounding areas in Ypsilanti Township.
Investigators say the back and forth shootings have escalated to ongoing gun violence.
There have been three arrests made so far.
"To the residents of Foley and the surrounding area, we understand how difficult the last week has been and we thank you for your help and vigilance in working to keep your neighborhood safe," the sheriff's department said in a release. "Our staff has worked tirelessly to solve, arrest, and bring to court those responsible for terrorizing our community."
If you have information on any of these recent shootings, contact the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office's confidential tip line at 734-973-7711.
Details of the shootings are below.
- Tuesday Sept. 1 at 5:33pm multiple shots fired. No one was injured during this incident and several vehicles were seen fleeing the scene.
- Tuesday Sept. 1 at 9:23pm multiple shots fired. No one was injured, but the targeted home and a neighboring home were hit by gunfire.
- Wednesday Sept. 2 at 8:30pm a resident of the targeted home was sitting on the porch when a drive-by shooting began. The 19-year-old victim sustained a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the leg. Deputies arrived on scene and provided medical care until EMS personnel arrived and transported the victim to a local hospital.
- Wednesday Sept 2 at 10pm at Village Grove apartment parking lot (near Foley) multiple shots fired. No one was injured, but two vehicles were hit by gunfire.
- Wednesday Sept 2 at 10:45pm in the 700 block of W. Clark rd. in the City of Ypsilanti. A vehicle in the parking lot was targeted and hit by gun fire. No one was injured in the incident.
- Wednesday Sept 2 at 10:55pm a home in the 1000 block of Candlewood in Ypsilanti Township was hit by gunfire. No one was injured in the incident.
- Wednesday Sept 2 at 10:55pm in the Village Grove apartments a resident noticed that they had what appeared to be a bullet hole in their ceiling. Deputies responded and gathered evidence.
- Thursday Sept. 3 at 9:18pm the same home on Foley was the target of a drive-by shooting that had just occurred. Deputies responded to the scene, identified the suspect vehicle as it fled the area and were able to arrest two individuals.
- Suspect one is a 19-year-old male from Ypsilanti City- Suspect two is a 20-year-old male from Ypsilanti Township
Both individuals are currently being lodged at the Washtenaw County Jail.
- Saturday Sept. 5 at 2:36pm shots fired call in the 2000 block of William in Ypsilanti Township. There were no injuries and at this time there was no damage to property reported.
- Saturday Sept. 5 at approx. 12:25am in the 2000 block of Mary Catherine a resident of the targeted home was hit by gunfire and sustained non life-threatening wounds.