NewsRegionOakland County

Actions

77-year-old woman dies in metro Detroit house fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WXYZ.png
Posted at 3:37 PM, Dec 09, 2017
and last updated 2017-12-09 15:37:45-05

A 77-year-old woman reportedly died in a house fire in Auburn Hills. 

Fire personnel arrived on scene to find light smoke coming from the front door of the home. 

Officials say they believe the fire was caused by smoking cigarettes.

The woman reportedly rented out part of the home to a couple. She attempted to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher but succumbed to smoke inhalation, officials say.