Several metro Detroit communities have declared snow emergencies Sunday after several inches of snow blanketed area roads and freeways.
A snow emergency is declared so that snow plows and road crews can safely travel and clean roadways in metro Detroit.
Residents are asked to remove their vehicles off roadways during a snow emergency.
The following communities have snow emergencies in effect:
- Canton, begins at 6 p.m. Sunday until noon on Tuesday
- Dearborn Heights, begins at 11 p.m. Sunday until noon on Tuesday
- Garden City, begins at 10 p.m. Sunday until further notice
- Gibraltar, begins at 4 a.m. Monday until further notice
- Inkster, begins at 11 p.m. Sunday until 11 a.m. Monday
- Royal Oak, begins at noon Monday until further notice
- Trenton, begins at midnight Monday until 10 a.m. Monday
7 First Meteorologists say up to seven inches of snow can be expected in some metro Detroit communities.
Check back here for an updating list of snow emergencies as they are declared.